PAL Express mubiyahe na sa Surigao karong Agosto  




Maayong balita ni sa mga Surigaonon ug mga turista, ang Philippine Airlines (PAL) mibutyag sa ilang interes sa pagbiyahe Surigao-Manila karong bulan sa Agosto, mao kini ang gikumpirma mismo ni kanhi Gobernador Robert Lyndon Barbers sa iyang pagkighinabi sa usa sa mga local radio stations sa syudad kagahapon sa buntag.

Matud ni Gobernador Lyndon nga ang PAL Express (short for Philippine Airlines Express) usa ka subsidiary low-cost regional airline brand sa Philippine Airlines ang muoperate diri sa Surigao City.

Dugang pa ni Barbers nga usa ka 70-seater Q400 Bombardier Aerospace ang giingong pagagamiton nga eroplano diri sa Surigao.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 comments

  • Soy  
    April 26, 2008 at 6:49 PM

    That's very good news indeed!

  • COC-o-LIVE  
    April 27, 2008 at 12:20 PM

    Wow I'm looking forward for its realization...It's not nice to hear that we don't have flights for surigao.Hopefully, no more 'carabao' around that almost caused an airplane accident before. funny!

  • Periodico Surigao  
    April 27, 2008 at 1:08 PM

    An ako sab tana madajon ini pagsajo kay murag kadugay ba nan Agosto.

  • Anonymous  
    April 28, 2008 at 2:05 AM

    Very good news indeed. Gob is already making some sound bites maski dugay pa an election.

  • joy  
    May 13, 2008 at 2:45 AM

    oh,nice to have an aiplane now in surigao,so we can go dirict. not in butuan airport so now when we go home next time from europe is hussle free,

  • Islander  
    May 16, 2008 at 4:31 PM

    kadugay pa sa august. tinghangin na sab ton na mga buyana. basin paliron ton bombardier o kaha mapostpone an mga byahe. marajaw kon june para testingnan dajon.

  • Anonymous  
    May 19, 2008 at 8:18 PM

    Namulitika ra ta iton si Barbers. To see is to believe!

  • Maharlika  
    May 19, 2008 at 11:56 PM

    Bombardier insists turboprop plane is safe after third crash landing

    · Scandinavian airline SAS ditches Q400 permanently
    · Landing gear failed at Copenhagen airport

    * David Gow
    * The Guardian,
    * Monday October 29 2007
    * Article history

    About this article
    Close
    This article appeared in the Guardian on Monday October 29 2007 on p26 of the Financial section. It was last updated at 23:51 on October 28 2007.

    Bombardier, the Canadian regional aircraft maker, yesterday suffered a serious blow when SAS, the Scandinavian airline, said it would permanently stop flying Q400 turboprops after the third crash landing in a month caused by faulty landing gear.

    Bombardier won a spate of orders for the plane, also known as the Dash 8, only last week. The company insisted it was still safe to fly after confirming yesterday that an SAS flight from Bergen in Norway to Copenhagen, the Danish capital, had been involved in an incident on Saturday.

    The 70-seater plane, carrying 44 passengers, crash-landed at Copenhagen airport when its main right-hand landing gear "failed to fully extend for landing", according to Bombardier. None of the passengers was injured.

    The group said: "There appears to be no relationship between this incident and previous SAS Q400 main landing-gear incidents." Television footage showed the plane tipping and swerving to the right before landing unscathed.

    Earlier this month Bombardier said around 90% of its Q400 fleet had returned to service after two previous incidents involving the SAS fleet of 27 in Lithuania and Denmark. It said it had been given the all-clear under Transport Canada's airworthiness directive. But Mats Jansson, SAS chief executive, said confidence in the plane had diminished considerably "and our customers are becoming increasingly doubtful about flying in this type of aircraft." He plans to replace the grounded turboprops with other types of aircraft in its fleet and leased planes.

    John Dueholm, SAS's deputy chief executive, said: "There is a risk that use of the Dash 8/Q400 could eventually damage the SAS brand."

    The airline was forced to cancel 52 flights yesterday and another 13 today. It said it was seeking compensation of around Skr500m (£38m) from Bombardier for the three incidents.

    Bombardier, which has dispatched a product safety and technical team to Copenhagen to assist in the investigation into the accident, last week received an order worth $267m (£130m) for 10 Q400s from an unidentified European airline and one order for up to 36 from the Australian flag-carrier Qantas for its QantasLink regional operation.

    The company has received 264 plane orders, with 164 delivered, and supplies 23 customers in Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, North America and Europe, including Flybe in Britain. The Exeter-based airline, which operates the world's biggest Q400 fleet, this year ordered a further 15 of the aircraft to take its fleet to 60.

    The Q400 is based on the old de Havilland range of Dash aircraft, and is billed as "spearheading the next generation of low cost carriers - the low cost regional carrier".

    The plane is also claimed by its makers to be 25% to 40% more fuel-efficient than its competitors and as fast as a jet on flights of up to 500 miles.

    The aircraft's engines are encased in nacelles built at Bombardier's Belfast plant, which employs around 5,000.

Post a Comment